Inspiration for the modern day woman.

Mommy Time-Out

Bubbles aren't just for kids.

Who said bubbles are just for kids?! Friday night after a long 13 hour shift at the hospital, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my two girls wanted to stay the night at Nana's house. And since hubby was at work as well, mommy had the entire house to herself!! At first I was going to spend the time cleaning up, doing dishes, knocking out some laundry... then I stopped and realized, that stuff can wait. It will all still be waiting for me the next day and right now, I needed to take care of me. So I filled our bathroom Jacuzzi tub (that one that I literally wasn't sure if the jets turned on or not!) and added a yummy bath bomb! It brought back so many childhood memories as the bubbles began to grow and grow and grow! So of course I had to snap a pic to send to my girls. I felt like a little kid again and it was wonderful. It didn't cost money, I didn't have to go somewhere special. I created "me time" right in my own bathroom! In case you were wondering, the jets did come on and felt great on my sore muscles!

What is something that you can do for yourself? As mothers, we are constantly thinking about everyone but ourselves. We go to the back burner. Problem is, if we aren't caring for our mind, body and spirit... we aren't able to be the best mother, wife, or friend! I used to think of a bubblebath as a waste of time, or some far off dream, until I made these little things a priority. Just as I brush my teeth everyday, I make time for my physical and emotional self.

How do you take care of you? How do you make your life a little more playful, a little less serious, have a little more fun? Have you laughed today? Have you read a personal development book? Exercised? Made healthy food choices? Sat in silence for just 10 minutes to meditate? Find something. It's not optional. If your hubby says something, tell him your life coach ordered it ;)

Share your ideas below! <3

No comments

Post a Comment

Eight years ago, I would have told you I had no purpose in life. I was recently divorced, forced to file bankruptcy, had a baby with spe...

© A Fit Mom Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig